We are either energy hoarders or energy wasters
Wasters- Can’t sit still, fidget and move.
Hoarders – Sit still, use little energy and don’t feel rewarded after exercise.
Incidental Activity Adds Up!
Contrary to popular belief more energy is used in a day with incidental activity than with planned exercise.
So how can you increase your incidental activity? – Be an energy waster.
- Fidget as much as possible
- Get up and pace/stretch
- Get a foot roller
- Get up to walk when talking on the phone
- Choose stairs
- Pace the room
- Rake the leaves for 30 minutes, and you’ll burn 135 calories.
- Wash the car for the same length of time and burn 150 calories.
- Scrub the bathtub for 15 minutes, and you’ll burn off about 60 calories
- Even shopping can give your heart a boost if you power walk through the mall while carrying a few shopping bags
The key is to do everyday activities with intensity.
Some exercise is better than none!
•You don’t need to exercise to lose weight -BUT
•You can’t keep weight off without it!
•You can’t outrun a bad diet
•Being generally active all day is the best exercise
•Exercise helps you heart, your brain and your mood
Start low, Build up and make It FUN!