We have a a friendly team of Doctors who love what they do and extremely grateful patients who appreciate the empathic support we provide.
Our unique program and education modules were fully developed in house.
Full training, mentoring and support is provided and would make a wonderful side speciality or part time career for any GP.
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you, please contact Dr Harpreet Singh on 98028155 or email email@example.com
Elina clinic was first established in Glen Waverley in 2017 to provide a dedicated weight management service to patients.
We aim to provide accesses to evidenced based weight management services to all Victorians. With the significant advances in our understanding of obesity, the availability of safe and effective medications to assist, and a focus on empowerment and self management it is an extremely rewarding form of health care. It is wonderful to be able to make a difference.
- Multiple Locations in Victoria
- Online and Skype consults
- Web Based services
- A team of Doctors passionate about helping people frustrated by traditional programs with little results.
Our core principles are
-Integrity and Empathy
-Empowerment and knowledge.
We recognise the challenges that many patients face when confronted with the seemingly endless cycle of weight loss and regain and are committed to making the latest medical research and evidence accessible and relevant.
Our Doctors are all SCOPE trained and are committed to ongoing education, self improvement and holistic care.
WHAT IS THE CURRENT EVIDENCE?
Our programs and education modules were developed in-house based on the current best evidence for weight management developed at Austin Hospital Obesity clinic.
We gained inspiration from Prof Joe Proietto (Endocrinologist and Obesity Researcher), Mr Arun Dhir (Bariatric Surgeon), The CSIRO research into low carb diets (2017) and Dr Michael Mosely (intermittent fasting diet)
Our program is based on the principles that
- Will power and motivation will never overcome the body’s defence of its weight.
- We are made, evolved and genetically imprinted to be a specific weight – blaming ourselves for that is pointless and dis-empowering.
- Slow weight loss programs fail as the body is too good at overcoming will power. Losing weight fast and losing weight without hunger is our initial goal.
- Maintaining weight after weight loss is the critical part of our program and preparing for this begins on Day 1 of our program