Our Tele Weight Loss Program - What to Expect
The ELinA Weight Loss Journey
THANK YOU FOR BOOKING WITH AN ELINA DOCTOR- WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
Please have a read through this page to get an idea of what to expect and how we run our program.
We know it is difficult taking the first step and there is a lot on Google that doesn’t appear to be based on Good Evidence.
We are AHPRA registered Doctors. We practice evidence based medicine with a focus on education and empowerment. We do nothing without explaining all the details, the risks and benefits of your treatment options.
Because we also work as GPs , running to time may be difficult. We will always call you when we can and if we run late, we can reschedule your appointment if you are no longer able to take the call.
WHAT WE DO!
We offer a
- Comprehensive Supported Program – This is not a one off visit program – We will see you regularly, 1-2 times a month.
- Education and empowerment through Knowledge
- Consenting, information, Explanation
- Non judgemental and Safe use of medication
- Accountability, regular review
- No sign on or lock in fees – you are free to end the program any time you wish
- You are paying for time with an experienced , accredited Doctor. They will offer their expertise , knowledge and support.
- Video and Phone consultations from the comfort of your home
WHAT WE DON'T DO!
We don’t offer
-Quick fix solutions
-Medications on demand (we encourage the use of weight loss medications when they are safe and part of a supported program only).
-Compromise your health and well-being. We will not provide services that compromise our professional care or your health and safety.
-We don’t refund your consultation fee after your consultation with a doctor- they have offered their time, experience and advice.
-We fully understand that these conditions may not be suitable to you – if so please contact us and cancel your appointment – If you have prepaid , a refund will be given.
- There is no Sign on or lump sum fee
- We charge for One on One consultations with an experienced weight loss doctor
- Fees need to be paid in advance and are not refundable after the consultation.
- There is no Medicare rebate for our interstate patients unless you live in a Covid stage 3 or 4 Lockdown Area. – Call to discuss.
- On average we see you twice a month $100-$130 per month cost.
Your First Appointment
Your Second Appointment (Induction)
Your Third Appointment - 1 week after Induction
Your 4th Appointment 2 weeks later
Your Fifth and then ongoing Regular Monthly Appointments
These 10-15 min appointments are important to provide the support and accountability you need to stay positive and confident. We are available for when things get hard or you hit barriers. We can assist you to overcome these and offer alternative diets, medications or support therapies.
We help you to stay on track.
Your FInal Appointment
-You have reached your target, feeling positive and confident.
-This will be the perfect opportunity to complete our Maintenance Module –
-We will discuss How to manage your weight independently and confidently using all the tools and skills you have learned during the program.
-You will transition to a filling, tasty healthy diet with a wide range of foods that you love.
-We expect that you will regain weight but have the tools and confidence to quickly re-lose the weight. We will always be available to assist with this.